Maali is a versatile and powerful theme that is perfect for online publishers and bloggers looking to create a professional and stylish website. Whether you're starting a new online magazine or revamping your existing blog, this theme has everything you need to create a successful online presence.
The theme is also optimized for speed, ensuring that your website loads quickly and efficiently. It also comes dark and light color schemes, custom post types, and more. The theme is also highly customizable, with powerful custom theme settings that allows you to control every important aspect of your website's design and functionality.
The theme includes multiple homepage layouts, allowing you to showcase your content in a variety of ways. The theme is also fully responsive, ensuring that your content looks great on any device, whether it's a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Maali comes with multiple options for the homepage hero section, allowing you to display posts in a stylish and visually appealing way. With multiple hero section layouts to choose from, this theme allows you to customize your featured content to suit your specific needs and preferences.
Here are the options you can choose from:
- 1 featured post
- 3 featured posts
- 4 featured posts
- 4 featured posts v2
- 5 featured posts
Homepage topic sections
You can create individual topic sections, by setting a list of tags you want to feature from the Design settings. Additionally, you can also set the style for those section from the Design settings.
These styles include:
- 2 column grid (with 1 item in the first column and 3 in the second)
- 4 column grid
- 2 column grid (with 2 items per column)
You can select one specific style for all topic sections, or the "mixed" option to set a different layout for each topic section.
You can feature specific authors, by setting a list of authors in the Design settings. You can control the number of author, the order and which ones specifically will be featured. An author card is rendered, with basic information as well as a list of up to 3 articles from that author.
Custom theme settings
The custom design settings provide the most important customizing options to personalize the theme:
- Set your default color scheme as the default one (system, light, dark)
- Change the font family to one that fits your style
- Make the header sticky
- Upload a dark theme logo
- Choose the homepage hero layout
- Set the topic section tags and layout
- Provide a list of authors for the featured writers section
- Choose the default post template style
Check out the documentation for more information about custom settings and useful snippets on how you can further customize the theme.
The theme comes with a number of custom pages to complement the news publication use case.
Latest news - this template will showcase the most recent articles with pagination, and it's also the source of the RSS feed.
Archive - all articles organized by the published date month
Tags - list of tags ordered by the number of posts
Authors - list of authors
Membership - alternative to the Portal sign up process, in case you need a dedicated page
Maali comes with a number of custom post templates that gives you flexibility in presenting your content. You can set the default post template and on an individual post level you can choose from the following templates:
- With Image On The Side is a template that displays the feature image on the side
- With Wide Image is a simple template with a wide feature image
- With Full Width Image is a template that displays the feature as full-width (respecting site-width - 1400px by default)
- With Sidebar is a template that includes a sidebar next to the post content with links to featured posts and the latest articles
- With Toc is a template that includes a table of contents on the left side
Ghost Editor cards
Full support for the full range of editor cards in the Ghost editor:
- Markdown card
- Bookmark card
- Gallery card
- Image card with normal, wide, and full width
- GIF card
- Button card
- NTF embed
- Callout card
- Toggle card
- Alternative quote style
- Product card
- Audio card
- Video card
- File card
- Header card
- Check out an overview of all the Elements
By default, everything is in English (
en.json), additionally, the theme comes with translations in:
- 🇩🇪 German (
- 🇪🇸 Spanish (
- 🇫🇷 French (
- 🇮🇹 Italian (
- 🇳🇱 Dutch (
- 🇵🇹 Portuguese (
- 🇹🇷 Turkish (
- Table of contents - integrated TOC feature, which can be used with a dedicated post template
- Accessibility - the theme is validated against Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) passing all relevant rules and keyboard navigation throughout the theme is assured and color contrast recommendations are respected. Accessibility checks
- Performance optimization - WEBP image formats, image lazy loading, and more
- Light & dark color schemes - the theme comes with system, dark & light themes
- Membership & Subscriptions - full support for the membership feature, including membership tiers
- WEBP image serving - the theme serves images in next gen format (
.webp) for browsers that support it
- Image lightbox - show your article images in a lightbox for easy access
Set up automatic theme deployment using GitHub Actions, so whenever you change theme files and push them to your repository, it's automatically deployed to your website. Follow our ghost theme deployment tutorial.
The online documentation covers everything you need, starting from installing the theme to customizing it according to your needs. You will also find useful information for color customization as well as theme development if you want to do more advanced customization.