Saaga offers a seamless blend of aesthetics and functionality, allowing you to craft compelling stories and share engaging narratives with ease. Its clean and modern design ensures that your content takes center stage, enabling your words to shine and resonate with your readers.
With Saaga, you can create a truly immersive reading experience. Take advantage of its intuitive customization options to showcase your content in a way that reflects your unique style. Create a visually stunning composition with striking featured images, elegant typography, and carefully crafted layouts.
Crafted with simplicity in mind, Saaga offers an intuitive user interface that enables you to focus on creating incredible content.
Saaga comes with powerful customizing options for styling the hero section. This makes it easy to present the information in different ways and build something that suits your style and brand.
A combination of design settings are available for the hero:
- Hero style - make the hero section your brand color, or set your cover image as the background, below the title and description, or next to the content
- Hero headline - edit the main headline and highlight specific words
- Hero description - add a unique description, this supports HTML elements
- Hero button text & Hero button link - you can define the button text and link, or leave the default for the subscribe-form
Highlight your most captivating stories using the featured post flag.
You can present your articles in a captivating colorful way, using striking feature images and compelling excerpts to entice readers and encourage them to delve deeper into your content or you can choose a more classical simple style for listing stories.
If you prefer a more compact presentation style, you can choose the built-in slider options. This will create a simple but stylish sections for your featured stories.
Improve the browsing experience of your readers with Saaga's featured topics section. Designed to highlight your most important topics (based on tags), this feature enables you to curate collections of stories that revolve around specific themes or topics.
Post feed style
With Saaga's versatile post feed style, you have the flexibility to choose from three visually appealing and functional options: alternating-list, grid, and list. Each style offers a unique display format for your posts, allowing you to showcase your content in the most engaging way possible.
Additionally, you can set the story cards image format from the design settings, with the following options being available:
- auto aspect ratio, respecting the original aspect ratio of the image
- 16/9 aspect ratio
- 4/3 aspect ratio
- 1/1 aspect ratio
- 3/4 aspect ratio
- hidden - feature image is hidden in post cards
Custom post templates
Saaga offers a range of post templates designed to enhance the presentation of your content. Each template provides a unique layout and visual style, allowing you to customize the appearance of your posts to perfectly match your storytelling needs. Here are the different post templates provided by Saaga:
- With excerpt on the side - With the excerpt displayed on the side, readers can quickly grasp the main idea and decide whether to delve deeper into your story.
- With full background image - This template places a captivating image as the background, offering a striking backdrop for your content.
- With narrow image - This template places the feature image in the same width as the content, creating a visually balanced and aesthetically pleasing presentation.
- With wide image - This template is great for displaying panoramic photos, scenic landscapes, or any wide-format visuals that beautifully enhance your storytelling.
- With image on the side - This post template offers a unique and engaging layout by placing an image on one side of the content.
You also have the possibility to make any of these templates the default one for your posts, right from the Design settings
Ghost Editor cards
Full support for the full range of editor cards in the Ghost editor:
- Markdown card
- Bookmark card
- Gallery card
- Image card with normal, wide, and full width
- GIF card
- Button card
- NTF embed
- Callout card
- Toggle card
- Alternative quote style
- Product card
- Audio card
- Video card
- File card
- Header card
- Signup card
- Check out an overview of all the Elements
Saaga is translation ready. By default, everything is in English (
en.json), but the theme comes with translations in:
- 🇩🇪 German (
- 🇪🇸 Spanish (
- 🇫🇷 French (
- 🇮🇹 Italian (
- 🇳🇱 Dutch (
- 🇵🇹 Portuguese (
- Dropdown menus - add submenus to the header easily from your Ghost Admin navigation (no-code)
- Syntax highlighting - performance optimized syntax highlighting, you can activate it using the internal tag
- Accessibility - the theme is validated against Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) passing all relevant rules and keyboard navigation throughout the theme is assured and color contrast recommendations are respected. Accessibility checks
- Performance optimization - WEBP image formats, image lazy loading, and more
- Light & dark color schemes - the theme comes with system, dark & light themes
- Membership & Subscriptions - full support for the membership feature, including membership tiers
- WEBP image converting - the theme converts images to
.webpformat for browsers that support it
- Image lightbox - enable or disable the image lightbox with just a click
Set up automatic theme deployment using GitHub Actions, so whenever you change theme files and push them to your repository, it's automatically deployed to your website. Follow our ghost theme deployment tutorial.
The online documentation covers everything you need, starting from installing the theme to customizing it according to your needs. You will also find useful information for color customization as well as theme development if you want to do more advanced customization.