Fumio is the perfect theme to showcase your projects or create a portfolio. It's a customizable template, that will help you create the perfect website to share your work and thoughts, coming with two collections: projects & blog.
Explore all the features below.
The most important page of your website, and with Fumio, you can make it your own, starting with the hero section. You can completely customize this section from the Ghost Admin, starting from the headline, description, CTA, and image style.
Share your projects with a unique section. You can completely customize it, choose from the different grids or list layout options, set the number of projects shown on the homepage, make it colorful using tags.
Highlight your services and describe them in a nice, eye-catching format, easily manageable from the Admin section, and add a clients section, with responsive logos.
If you have a team, add a section with individual cards presenting the members based on the Ghost author data. Add a frequently asked questions section, which is completely customizable in the Admin and based on the Toggle cards available in the Ghost editor.
Show your blog posts and the most popular categories
Make the template your own, changing the layout, fonts, colors, CTA and more to fit your style. The theme comes with the following settings available in the Admin section:
- Set your preferred color scheme as the default one
- Change the font family to one that fits your style, whether you prefer serif, sans-serif or mono font families.
- Give some character to your site with a background pattern that is applied on the whole website (topography, grain, dots, lines)
- Whether you prefer a normal header style, a sticky one, or a floating one Fumio can handle it.
- Provide the Content API key and the search function is set up
- Customize the hero section headline and description
- Set the image style of the hero section (hidden, background, on the side, bottom) and the CTA to either a subscribe form or link
- Customize the project feed layout (asymmetric-grid, grid, asymmetric-list, alternating-list, list), set the number of projects to be displayed on the homepage and if you want colorful project cards (based on the primary tag)
- In posts set the lightbox feature and choose one the native comment system or of the comment plugin integrations (Cove, Disqus)
Check out the docs for more information about custom settings.
Projects & the blog have their own collection and can be accessed on
/blog/, the homepage section points to these pages with the View all buttons.
Similarly the Team & Category pages will list all authors and all tags in individual cards.
Highlight your membership page, customize the colors and more (based on the Ghost membership tiers) as well as custom signup, signing and account pages.
Fumio gives you flexibility in presenting your content, you can choose from the following templates for your posts and pages:
- The default template is a simple layout and narrow feature image
- With Background Image is template that displays the feature image in the background and post title and information will be over the image
- With Full Width Background Image is a template that displays the feature image in the background and in full width, the post title and information is over the image
- With Image On Side is a template that displays the feature image on the right side and the title and post information on the left (on desktop)
- With Sidebar is a template that includes a sidebar next to the post content with links to featured posts and latest posts
- With Table Of Contents And Sidebar is a template that includes a fixed table of contents on the left and a sidebar on the right
- With Wide Image is a template similar to the default one, but with a wider feature image
Full support for the full range of editor cards in the Ghost editor:
- Markdown card
- Bookmark card
- Gallery card
- Image card with normal, wide, and full width
- GIF card
- Button card
- NTF embed
- Callout card
- Toggle card
- Alternative quote style
- Product card
- Audio card
- Video card
- File card
- Header card
- Check out an overview of all the Elements
- Accessibility - the theme is validated against Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) passing all relevant rules and keyboard navigation throughout the theme is assured and color contrast recommendations are respected. Accessibility checks
- Dark & Light color scheme - the theme comes with dark and light color schemes that can be changed by the user inside the menu
- Membership & Subscriptions - full support for the membership feature, including membership tiers
- Search - add the search function to your website by providing the search key in custom settings
- Image lazy loading - images are lazy loaded for better performance
- Comments - set either Cove or Disqus right from the custom settings, no need to edit the theme files
Set up automatic theme deployment using GitHub Actions, so whenever you change theme files and push them to your repository, it's automatically deployed to your website. Follow our ghost theme deployment tutorial.
The online documentation covers everything you need, starting from installing the theme to customizing it according to your needs. You will also find useful information for color customization as well as theme development if you want to do more advanced customization.